Here are some quick and easy reminders about Winter time.
- Don’t forget to get faucet covers.
- If you lose power, do you know where your flashlight or candles are located?
- Make sure all of your blankets and sleeping bags are in one space for easy access.
- De-icer for the sidewalk.
- Keep an eye out for the weather. Before the snow comes down, ask yourself, do I have food I can eat without cooking it?
- When the cold gets under 32 degrees let your indoor faucets drip to keep the pipes from freezing.
- Find the water main on the sidewalk. It should be somewhere on the sidewalk in front of the house. The cover is about 6 to 8 inches wide. When you lift it up, you might see two holes across from each other, when they are lined up the water is shut off. You could have a different system; I recommend you find out how yours works. You can turn it off with a special tool or wrench. I would recommend the special tool.
- “Unplug some of your major appliances. When the power comes back on, all of those appliances can create a drain or power surge. This can harm sensitive equipment. To avoid a power surge when the electricity returns, turn off computers, TVs, stereos and other unnecessary electronic equipment at the power source. Leave a light on so you’ll know when the power is restored.” Consumer Energy Center Continue reading
Share it now!