The information comes directly from Sustainable Preparedness. Please visit their site for full details.
First time ever to Portland! Coming on May 18, 2014, Sustainable Preparedness Expo is the nation’s premiere expo on preparedness, homesteading, and sustainable living. This Expo is an incredible training opportunity that attracts attendees from all walks of life–from responsible citizens concerned about disasters to hard core preppers; from sustainable living enthusiasts to survivalists. Come to learn valuable info at the many excellent training sessions, connect with the thousands of preparedness-minded attendees we are expecting, obtain hard to find equipment, supplies and advice you need from the wide variety of vendors present at their booths. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience you won’t want to miss!
Portland Expo Center
2060 North Marine Drive
Portland, OR 97217
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Doors open at 10 am and close at 6 pm
We are privileged to have some incredible hands-on training opportunities. Below you will find the classes that are currently lined up, but please check back for updates, or sign up on our email newsletter to receive the latest information.
- Intro To Wound Management & Suturing Technique – David Pruett, MD (Registration & fee required for hands-on participants – limited to 20 students. Open to observers for free.
REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS HERE)Note: You need to visit the website in order to register.
- Emergency Dentistry Workshop – Howard Shayne, DDS (Registration & fee required for hands-on participants – limited to 20 students. Open to observers for free.
A mainstay of the Expo, our exciting lineup of around 20 training sessions will provide an incredible learning opportunity throughout the day. Listed below are just several of the topics that will be covered at the Expo. Please check back for more details and an updated schedule of sessions for the day. If you know of a presenter who would be a great addition to our lineup or is skilled in any of the following topics, please Contact Us with more info!
- Strategic Relocation – Joel Skousen (JoelSkousen.com)
- Herbs, When There Is No Doctor – Walt Cross (The Mustard Seed)
- Adding “Sustainable” To Preparedness – Craig Meissner
- Dealing With Medical Emergencies in Austere Conditions – David Pruett, MD (AMP-3 Medical Kits)
- Micro-Hydro Basics: How to Generate Free Electricity From a Creek – Matt Crume (Rocky Hydro)
- Unlocking the Pitfalls in Purchasing Rural Real Estate – John Brownlee, J.D.
- The Secure Home – Joel Skousen (JoelSkousen.com)
- Prepping for EMP (electromagnetic pulse) – Joel Ho (MobileSec Solutions)
- Preparedness in Dentistry – Howard Shayne, DDS
- Fukushima Meltdown & Modern Radiation: Protecting Ourselves and Our Future Generations – John Apsley, MD(E), ND, DC (The Regeneration Effect)
- Homestead Home Business Revolution – Dave Westbrook (Country Living University)
- Planning Considerations for Sustainable Preparedness – Floyd Garner (Shadow Guide Preparedness Training)
- Using Herbs Effectively With Your Farm & Family – Katherine Drovdahl (Fir Meadow Herbal Medicine)
- Wood Cook Stoves – Daniel Fenoff (Stove & More)
- AND MANY MORE COMING SOON! (check back for updates)
Tickets will be for sale at the door for $12. Children 12 and under are FREE!
Door Prizes & Coupons/Expo Specials
There will be some exciting door prizes and amazing coupon savings on great products coming your way–but only if you come to the Expo! Be sure to come back and see the list of door prizes and coupons.
Help Spread the Word!!
Would you like to help your friends, neighbors, and community live a life that is more responsible and prepared? Let them know about this Expo! Here are some things you can do:
- Send personal emails to all your friends, letting them know about the Expo
- Request FREE printed promo material to pass out to your friends, family, church, and community
- “Like” our Facebook page and post a link to it to alert your FB friends
- Give a heads-up to any businesses with products or services useful to preparedness-minded homesteaders