Today, let us welcome my friend and hazardous materiel expert, Bill. His official title is Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, where he’s responsible for hazardous material import/export, along with training individuals on proper handling of Hazmat. Bill was very entertaining to interview and he has a wealth of information to share. It may even save your life.
My normal Disclaimer applies to my guests as well.
How to reach me:
The top right hand side has twitter and YouTube
preparePDX@gmail.com for questions
HOUSE HOLD DANGERS
- What is a caustic substance?
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- NO BLEACH WITH AMMONIA!
- Leave liquid in brown containers for your own safety
- DO NOT MOVE OLD DRUMS WITH BULGES!
- Dangers of drain cleaners.
- CFL equals Mercury danger
- Dangers of asbestos and testing
- Please look over your local church for possible dangers.
- For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
The FDA even recommends flushing certain drugs down the toilet. Are you freaking kidding me! Do we have a full analysis of the possible risks to the water supply?
“IDLH is an acronym for Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health, and is defined by the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as exposure to airborne contaminants that is “likely to cause death or immediate or delayed permanent adverse health effects or prevent escape from such an environment.”” Wikipedia
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
If you have questions or just want to thank Bill for his help, please leave a comment down below. Or you can email at preparePDX@gmail.com
Disaster by Mc Frontalot